Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help Choosing Replacement Frets For My Dinky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Choosing Replacement Frets For My Dinky.

Hi All,

My Jackson Dinky has frets that are .115" wide crown, about .024" tang width and .051" high..

The closest match to these is Dunlop 6120 with .114" wide crown, .024" tang and .051" high..

My fret slots range from .023" to .025". The 24th fret is the only slots that's .025" wide.

Will the Dunlop 6120 be a good match? And is there anything I should be looking out for?

dinkyguitar

6105 is popular. Same height, but narrower, makes accessing upper frets a bit easier.

Comment

Or you could get tall fat frets and simply have them ground down to the height you want. I do believe Jackson used to put bass frets in some guitars - really fat ones. More fret means more tone.
      Tall skinny frets will be very bright and articulate, great for speedy shred licks, but jumbos will have a rhythm punch and make a guitar growl more.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I believe the original fret wire is SBB-215 from this supplier:

http://www.factorhythm.com/brand_sanko.html

Not sure if you can order it or not, but the precise specs are there at least. Personally I'd go 6100's and be done with it.

Comment

Thanks for your input...

And Axewielder ,

I did end up getting frets similar in size to Dunlop 6100's.

I'll see how this refret goes. I got most if not all the equipment I need.

dinkyguitar

Comment

Working...
          X