SD Alt 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Alt 8

Has anyone tried the Seymour Duncan Alternative 8? I'm thinking of either putting a Super Distortion or the alt 8 in my san dimas and wanted to se if anyone tried the Alternative 8 yet.

Try it! I've been wanting to check one out but can't convince myself to not-buy-bareknuckle pickups. I've heard it's good for darkening up an overly bright guitar, but not by much.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

It worked extremely well in my ESP M-II neck-through, which is a very bright guitar indeed. It may not perform as well with lower tunings however. Standard E and D it handled just great. Lotsa balls

Comment

Ross, there was another thread not too long ago with a lot of discussion on the Alt-8...check here

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
          Ross, there was another thread not too long ago with a lot of discussion on the Alt-8...check here
          thanks

Comment

I have one and dig it as much as I love the Custom.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
              I have one and dig it as much as I love the Custom.

sully
              What the diffence in the sound department darker, brighter or just different in a good way? Been wanting to try one out but not sure if i'll like it or not.
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Y'know, I'm realllly bad at picking that stuff out; I usually just like it or not. I can say that it covers a nice tonal spectrum and maintains clarity like the custom does. It's intended for high gain, low tuned stuff, so if you fit into that mold, you'll probably dig it. If you've tried and liked a custom, I can't see how you'd be disappointed.

Sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                X