Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjusting truss rod AT HEEL...plz Help

Hello,
    I was just wondering if someone could help me with adjusting a truss rod at heel of the guitar....please use my picture to avoid misunderstanding about the adjusting directions (CW and ACW depending from which side you are holding the guitar...http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3983/adjustj.jpg
    Last edited by raed666; 11-06-2010, 11:48 AM.

Can't see the picture... Images from your desktop arent' going to work.

Anyway... When you are looking at the heel, straight at the adjustment screw, you turn it clockwise to remove relief and make the neck more flat, and obviously the opposite to add relief.

Imagine it is like any other bolt or screw. Turn it like you are "tightening" it to make the neck flatter, turn it like you are loosening to add more relief.

Comment

I just posted a link plz check again

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        Can't see the picture... Images from your desktop arent' going to work.

Anyway... When you are looking at the heel, straight at the adjustment screw, you turn it clockwise to remove relief and make the neck more flat, and obviously the opposite to add relief.

Imagine it is like any other bolt or screw. Turn it like you are "tightening" it to make the neck flatter, turn it like you are loosening to add more relief.
        I see you pic, and the above still holds true. In your pic, the top portion of the upper right statement and the lower portion of the lower left statement are true. When looking at down at the screw the above holds true for the trussrod screw on either the heel of headstock end. BTW, never heard of anti-clockwise, only heard of counter-clockwise!
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by raed666 View Post
          I just posted a link plz check again
          Cool, I think I get it now. What I posted tells you what you need to know but if you don't understand I will rephrase.

Look at the end of the neck as in your picture.

If we look at the neck like in the picture:

- Clockwise to remove relief (make flatter)

- Anti-clockwise to add relief

OK?

Don't turn too hard clockwise! It may take some force, but not "strong" force.

You can also loosen strings (de-tune, make slack) to make it easier to turn clockwise and flatten the neck

Good luck!
          Last edited by MakeAJazzNoiseHere; 11-06-2010, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks For Helping People!

Comment

Working...
            X