Is this a J-50BC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a J-50BC?

Hi! Can anyone tell me if the humbucker in this pictures is a J-50BC? It reads "Model 6 Bridge". The seller told me it was taken from a Charvel guitar and it comes with a circuit (probably the JE-1200?).

Never seen those stickers before. My Charvel 650XL does not have those stickers on the back of the pickups (I have J-50). Also, the pickups don't have the jackson logo on them? The stickers are also pretty white too... The old Jacksons I've seen have yellowed stickers on the back (Model 6 is a 15 year old guitar).

Not saying they're fake or anything but it'd be so easy to fake something like that.
    Guitars:
    Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
    Ibanez S520EX
    Jackson DK2M

Comment

The stickers are correct. The thing that strikes me as odd is the no "Jackson" in white on the cover top. It doesn't look to be sanded away on either pickup, so this must be a really old set.

If you want to know for sure, measure the DC Resistance.

If it comes up around 8.5K, it's at least a J-50B.
      13K is a J-80
      16K is a J-90

To tell if it's a 'C' or not (ceramic magnet), you'll have to take it apart and look at the magnet. If it's like a shiney metal, it's not ceramic. Ceramic is made of powedered metal fused together under heat and pressure and with glue.

Comment

Thank you, guys

I thought it was a J-50BC because after a search found some information that led me to believe that the J-50BC equipped the Model 6 and J-90C equipped the Model 1 and 2.

I will ask the seller to measure the DC Resistance, but it will be difficult to convince him to dismount the pickup to check the magnet. Well, on the magnet, I'll have to check myself

Thank you again!

Comment

The single says Model 6 neck but doesn't the HB say Model 5 bridge?
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
            The single says Model 6 neck but doesn't the HB say Model 5 bridge?
            Good eye!
            I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
            X