floyd bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd bar

Wondering where I can get a floyd bar that will fit an old floyd rose. This is for my '86 jackson with the original floyd on it. Somebody sent me an original floyd bar.. same style, but it was made slightly different. I'm not sure exactly the difference, but this one fit differently and now rattles, regardless of how tight I have it.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? They're both the proper 'original' floyd bar, but i guess they kind of changed their design since '86?

You can get them at progrockgear.com if you mean the one that screws in directly, which is what was around in '86.

Comment

no.. it isn't a direct screw in i don't believe, not like the licensed floyds.
      here's the best close up i have as of now, i can take more. the original floyd bar fits, but just not quite right, like its slightly different. it was made up of different parts but the same basic design.

Comment

I see. Well, you might want to just buy a bar and collar! You can get both pieces and they should fit together well, although I have one that is sloppy as hell I need to replace, on one of my Jacksons.

Comment

That is the original style for the bar. There should be 2 teflon washers, 1 on top and on the bottom of the base plate. The one that I have is either wobbly or very solid. But yeah it is a screw in type. Almost any licensed on will fit. You can easily replace it with a collared type.
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
            That is the original style for the bar. There should be 2 teflon washers, 1 on top and on the bottom of the base plate. The one that I have is either wobbly or very solid. But yeah it is a screw in type. Almost any licensed on will fit. You can easily replace it with a collared type.
            really, the original is a screw on? sure didn't look like it. and yeah, what was on there was the original. two teflon washers and stuff. i replaced it with a collared one, but it rattles. i just took one of the teflon washers from the old unit which helped, but didn't fully fix. i'll try the arm from my licensed floyd.

Comment

what you have is a screw in type. this is the one you need: GN0071TR-CHR at: http://www.guitarnucleus.com/gnstore/tremolo.html#tbars

Comment

Damn moku, you are involved in about every floyd related thread out here. Did you work for Floyd or something?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  Damn moku, you are involved in about every floyd related thread out here. Did you work for Floyd or something?
                  nahh, just been using floyd equipped guitar for years and had to buy parts and stuff. wish i worked for floyd though... i'd be a happy camper.

Comment

Working...
                  X