No announcement yet.

New Kahler teflon rollers are fabulous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kahler teflon rollers are fabulous!

Just swapped out my rollers on my mid 80's Soloist for the new teflon type.

Big improvement in tone and volume!

I was never a fan of either the brass or steel versions. These are excellent! Better sustain is an added plus.

< I have no connection to Kahler nor the vendor >

I saw those for sale and was curious. Thanks for the update.

Now to find a dang gold 2300 series...

Comment

I will take your black rollers if you dont plan on using them, I love those old black rollers.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        I saw those for sale and was curious. Thanks for the update.

Now to find a dang gold 2300 series...
        I thought you could spec a 2300 in gold with any cam and roller material you prefer?

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
          I will take your black rollers if you dont plan on using them, I love those old black rollers.

Well, they are 25 years old.... They are black, but after 25 years, the finish is not perfect. They function fine though.

If you really want them, PM me your address. You are welcome to them if you actually intend to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastdog View Post
            I thought you could spec a 2300 in gold with any cam and roller material you prefer?
            LOL! Silly boy, I'm not made of old

I have a black 23xx, just looking to swap the hardware for a gold one. The guitar is a black '86 Model 4, and it's just too much black. I need to bling it out

Comment

Ok... Not a bad idea with a black axe.

You might consider replacing a few parts at a time and go for a mixed black/gold look.

The guy that sells the replacement rollers also sells the replacement parts for all Kahlers.

Maybe a plate and trem arm in gold would add enough contrast to make a big difference?

I realize the Charvel Model 4 is an import, but the 1986 is a fine guitar and one of the better pieces ever brought over.

Then again, you might call a few of the better known luthiers. Lots of folks pulled Kahlers off to install Floyds... their loss could be your gain! Most of the good repair guys I know keep boxes and boxes of parts that might come in handy some day.

I don't like the ergonomics of the FR trem. I suppose I played Les Pauls for too long and feel the most comfy with a trem that doesn't go sharp if you palm rest at the bridge.

I remember spec'ing out one of the very first Archtop Soloists and not keeping it it as the Floyd was the only way it could be done and keep the top contour. My technique and the Floyd couldn't get along.... Grover made me a hell of a deal on it but I had to give it back.
              Last edited by 1fastdog; 10-28-2010, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X