Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this a gotoh floyd?

http://www.guitarfetish.com/NEW-GOLD...EEL_p_513.html

Probably, but it's not branded Gotoh to avoid the higher price that comes with the name. I've seen new Gotoh FR's go for around $120 USD on Ebay.

Comment

The side where the "Gotoh" would normally be looks very small. May look very strange in a route.. I'd like to try one out though.
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

just be really careful on knockoff Floyds. I have bought a couple thinking they were good deals but it turns out you get hosed most of the time. Cheaper metals, cheaper saddles that really affect the tone of the guitar. Always go OFR, get it used and avoid the delay in geting a cheapy in, mounting it, finding out its bunk and then re-selling it. Sayve youself some time
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

The real Gotoh is excellent, and can be had cheaply on Ebay. I think I paid about a hundred bucks for a brand new unit including the nut. If that cheap thing was a Gotoh, they would have told so, no doubt.

Comment

And I agree with the above poster, with the exception that the Gotoh is just as good as the OFR. I don't really have a preference between the two.

Comment

Working...
            X