What would you use to paint pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you use to paint pickups?

I want to paint a pair of black Seymour Duncan's purple. What should I use to paint them? Do I need to scuff off the black first?

I bought a pair of purple Dimarzio's put they lack mid-low range umpfh.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

You can't "scuff off" the color - its molded plastic. You should "scuff up" the plastic for the new paint to better adhere. Good luck.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Definately scuff the surface of them. I know that make spray painted specifically for plastic. You will have better luck wth that IMHO.

Comment

I tried that, but can only get them in any colour except the colour I want.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I don't think it will stick too well.

Comment

Send a PM to Mike Learn or wait for him to notice this thread.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Krylon fusion works great on plastics from what I've read. No need to prep just clean it, tape off what you dont want purple and spray. Then let it cure for 7 days.

http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Use a sprayable plastic primer, SEM makes a great one. You will find it in aerosol can at an automotive paint supply store. Red scotch brite the plastic, then spray the primer. Then use your paint.
                Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                X