Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2H-MAH Pickup Recommendations

Hi everybody!
    I'm a newbie and proud owner of two Jackson Soloists. A SL1 in natural finish equipped with EMG pickups and a SL2H MAH in cherry sunburst with the standard Seymour Duncan JB and 59 pickups respectively. I'm playing through an Orange Rockerverb 50 head.

While I love the clarity of the sound of the SL1, the SL2H MAH needs a little bit of brightness. I'm aware that beside of the pickup configuration the mahogany body of the SL2H has it's effect on the sound and the Rockerverb is also a dark sounding amp.

I'm considering to try different pickups with the SL2H, does anyone have any recommendations? I play Prog, Alternative and Metal but I would prefer passive Humbuckers.

Thx and greeetings from Switzerland

You could try a Bare Knuckle Pickups Painkiller, I have one in an SL2H-MAH and it is INSANE, but it is for metal more than anything. Perhaps a Seymour Duncan Duncan Distortion?
    I like EL34s.

Comment

Hi Grim
      Thanks for the suggestions, i have heard a lot of good things about Bare Knuckles.

How does the SL2H MAH Sound with your Mesa Bookie Mark 5? Current GAS-attacks make me reason about aquiering one of these babies ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix78 View Post
        Hi Grim
        Thanks for the suggestions, i have heard a lot of good things about Bare Knuckles.

How does the SL2H MAH Sound with your Mesa Bookie Mark 5? Current GAS-attacks make me reason about aquiering one of these babies ;-)
        Bloody awesome, but the Mark V sounds great with a hunk of plywood through it. I'd do it.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
        X