Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oversized emg pickup install.... Issues for anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oversized emg pickup install.... Issues for anyone?

Im thinking of throwing one of the emg 81tw in my KV2 along with an 89 in the neck. Im wondering if anyone has used the TW version as its .22" thicker than their standard model. Just wondering if anyone had to cut wood to get it to fit in a jacksons relatively thin body.

You might have to route a little bit. My Dinky HX had to have the pup cavities slightly dremeled out to fit EMGs, but they're just mounted in the body and have no pickup rings.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just ended up getting the 60x and the 81x. hopefully I know I wont have to deepen the route at all and if the pickup wont slide in im just going to shave down the pickup housing rather than the guitar. Im thinking it should fit. It appears on the usa neckthroughs with p/u rings that they make the route large enough for emgs standard. With the duncans in it it actually looks quite funny with the amount of open space around the pickup. I like how the emgs look alot better. Now I hope they sound good. I liked the normal emg stuff but this will be my first run in with the newer X series.

Comment

Working...
      X