Floyd Rose PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose PRO

I was just wondering, if anyone here owns a guitar equipped with a Floyd Rose Pro bridge, do the Pro's fit into the cavities of an Original Floyd Rose ? Or do they have incompatible dimensions ?

Thing is, I'm planning to get myself a RR24 and to entirely customize it, and I'm interested in the FR Pro's lower profile. Could I install a FR Pro in the RR24 ?

I installed one a while ago for someone. I don't believe the recessed route dimensions are the same. Last I checked, the Floyd Rose site was being overhauled. But, when it is on line, they have all of the required dimensions for the different Floyds.

Comment

I'll check their website as soon as it will be running again, but I was hoping to get the info a little bit quicker. Thanks to jump in anyway ^^

Comment

I'm not sure of the exact dimensions, but the Floyd Pro should fit the route in the x and y dimensions. But the main problem is the z dimension. The route needs to be VERY deep to accommodate for the assembly underneath the Floyd, moreso than the route already it has. The alternative to routing is shimming the neck to create a decent neck angle so the Floyd sits up higher on the body.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I looked into this a while ago. They are not the same dimensions. Here are the two overlaid on the same drawing in different colors:

Comment

Oh... so they are not even shaped the same way ! Didn't see that on the pictures. I'll probably have to ask a luthier how this works...

Comment

Just on a guess I think the red outline is the Pro because the FR Pro in my SL1 is offset toward the vol/tone side like the red shape from axe ^^. Id fits and works fine but it is offset in the route.
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Well, I wouldn't like it to be offset (I'm kind of maniac on such things ^^) so I'll have to stay with Originals... but I'll put Pro's in if I ever get CS guitars, cause the lower profile is really what I need. On OFR's, my hand rests on the precision tuners, thus sometimes slightly detuning the guitar while I play, and on a Pro it wouldn't be the case from what I saw on pictures because the tuners are back and lower.

Comment

Know that the FRP has a narrower string spacing, closer to 2" or so. So, it will feel tighter than an OFR's 2.1"

Comment

I already knew this from reading it on the website, but anyway the string spacing is not what bothers me the most in fact

Comment

Working...
                    X