Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct Pickup Height on Jackson Dinky DK-2 (HSS configuration)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Pickup Height on Jackson Dinky DK-2 (HSS configuration)

what is the correct height for all three pickups in this guitar? neck, middle and bridge? Should i get any special ruler to measure the height? if so what kind? Please be advised that it has the HSS configuration.

No ruler required. Use you ears. Adjust them until they sound good. THERE ARE NO RULES!!!

What I like to do is set the bridge pickup first. I start out close to the strings and then back off as necessary. Then I adjust the front pickup for volume - i.e. you want the volume to be about equal when switching.

My general rule of thumb for Bridge humbuckers is - adjust as close to the strings as possible without the strings hitting the top of the pickup when you play.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Dimarzio reccommends starting at 1.5mm on the high E and 2mm on the low E and moving them down from there for desired tonal response. SD recommends somewhere between 1/16th and 1/8th of an inch from the strings.

like Grandturk said, "Adjust them until they sound good."
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

My Invader sounds best when 4 or 5mm below the pup ring and my Dimarzio Super Distortion about 2mm above it.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          My Invader sounds best when 4 or 5mm below the pup ring and my Dimarzio Super Distortion about 2mm above it.
          Invaders always seem to work better a bit lower than other pickups. They can sound really bad if they're up too high.

Comment

When I was shopping around for a DK2 I'm pretty sure I saw Jackson's specs for pickup height somewhere.

Comment

Too close to the strings and you lose harmonics too far and they sound weak.
              No set measurement just use your ears and find a spot where they sound good and of equal vol.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
              X