clear coat a dk2t Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clear coat a dk2t Dinky

I have a stupid question for everybody! Can I take a candy red dk2t body and strip the paint off of it, down to the natural wood and then, clear coat the guitar body to give it a, (body of a natural trans finish) that you find on some of the soloist models and the dx10d model. I want a natural finish for a string thru jackson but can't afford the soloist model.:think: Thanks!
    I put most psychiatrists on the couch.

Well that depends on what wood is underneath and how many pieces it has.
    By that I mean the DK2 I think is alder so if it has no streaking in the wood it might look OK.Basswood will have green streaks in the grain and is not all that great looking wood in natural.
    You will never know until you strip it really it may have as many as 5 pieces glued together with a veneer over that to hide the seams under the paint.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

So your saying the ones jackson manufactures are a 1 or 2 piece body for this natural finish.

Comment

Those 2 models you are talking about have a flame veneer, a regulare dk2t body will not look like that. Even if you had a body that had the flame top by the time you sanded thru the stain there would be no top left.

Comment

Thanks you all, You just saved me a ton of work and money. Maybe I can find a jackson natural guitar body on ebay to start.

Comment

Much better way to go Doc.
            Denny (slash) on the boards here makes bodies check him out.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X