Need a new Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new Charvel

I'm new to the forum and I'm looking to buy a new USA or custom model. I don't want to break any rules but I am looking for a little help. Everywhere I see they are listed for MSRP. I do not have access to a local store that carries them. Has anyone received a significant discount off of list price that could point me in the right direction? I'm not asking for prices just saving a little time from cold calling a ton of places. Thanks.

J/C has a policy called MAP, or "Minimum Advertised Price" that dealers are required to follow. If they are caught violating MAP, they can lose the right to carry the J/C line, so you need to contact them directly to find out the price. The dealers who sponsor this site are all great, and you can find them in the "JCF Sponsors" section.

Comment

Just look on eBay - USA promods to be had at cut rate prices.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Nice username
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Nice username
          IS that all you could contribute? I'm dissapointed!
          I like EL34s.

Comment

Yea I'm watching a few on ebay. I think I'm going to get a USA one as opposed to a pro-mod. I'm sure there won't be much difference quality wise but I suspect resale will be better if I ever decide to sell. I'm also looking at 80's kramers. What I really want is a charvel custom shop but I don't need to shell out 2k. I got to get my 80's hair metal fix.

Comment

Most places will deal. If you're looking to buy an "in-stock" guitar that was produced by the Custom Shop then get to know which dealers have them and watch their inventory, and make an offer.

Comment

Dammit Dale, you're thinking of a Fiat.

Comment

I would get a production model Charvel. I have a So Cal and it is just as easy to play as my customs, and it is a lot less money.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaLoMart View Post
                    I got to get my 80's hair metal fix.
                    You have come to the right place The prices on the newer pointy Charvels as well as the Pro Mods on E-Bay are pretty reasonable right now. You can get some good deals and you'll probably be happy with either one.
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                      IS that all you could contribute?
                      Shut up you
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Shut up you
                        I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaLoMart View Post
                          Yea I'm watching a few on ebay. I think I'm going to get a USA one as opposed to a pro-mod. I'm sure there won't be much difference quality wise but I suspect resale will be better if I ever decide to sell. I'm also looking at 80's kramers. What I really want is a charvel custom shop but I don't need to shell out 2k. I got to get my 80's hair metal fix.
                          Sounds like there is some confusion here. Prior to 2010, the Charvel Pro-Mods (Production Model) were made in the US. Only recently was the Pro-Mod production moved to Japan. So, on eBay and elsewhere, you will see "Pro Mod Charvel", but you need to sometimes do a little digging (or know what the USAs look like compared to the new Japanese ones...colors, neck finish, etc, but essentially the same guitar with the same parts, just now made in Japan) to find out if it is a USA Charvel.

The Customs continue to be made in the USA.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
                            Sounds like there is some confusion here. Prior to 2010, the Charvel Pro-Mods (Production Model) were made in the US. Only recently was the Pro-Mod production moved to Japan. So, on eBay and elsewhere, you will see "Pro Mod Charvel", but you need to sometimes do a little digging (or know what the USAs look like compared to the new Japanese ones...colors, neck finish, etc, but essentially the same guitar with the same parts, just now made in Japan) to find out if it is a USA Charvel.

The Customs continue to be made in the USA.

Hope this helps.
                            The new ones also say Made In Japan on the headstock.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              The new ones also say Made In Japan on the headstock.
                              And the neckplate...I forgot to state the obvious

Comment

Working...
                              X