Hack-modded for a reason...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hack-modded for a reason...

I still can't get the sound I want out of my Warrior Pro. I should've left that Dimarzio Humbucker in there . I'm gonna re-drill the filled in holes, put a pup mount on and put a real humbucker back in. I need a hot pickup like a Super Distortion, but I'm curious as to how other pups will sound. Any suggestions?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

DiMarzio X2N maybe? Definitely a hot pup...

Comment

have you tried the SD custom?

Comment

What do you has in there that you don't like?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Kent Armstrongs. No matter what height they sit, they sound as though there are two signals coming out - one wet, the other dry, despite going mono into the MFX, and mono out of that to my desk.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Bare knuckles

I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              What do you has in there that you don't like?
              Gollum wants to know!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

stewpid hobbitses!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Filthy, nasty hobbitses! We hates them! We hates them! Gollum!
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Kent Armstrong you say? Which model?

I am sitting on an OTT that I know nothing about. I don't even know how to wire it up!

Comment

WTF is an OTT (Over The Top?) and WTF are you sitting on it? I've no idea which model :dunno:. All I know is they are the original pickups installed in this guitar.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Try out a Super 3 and tell me how you like it
                        I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          WTF is an OTT (Over The Top?) and WTF are you sitting on it? I've no idea which model :dunno:. All I know is they are the original pickups installed in this guitar.
                          You now know as much about this pickup as I do! I assume OTT means 'over the top'. It's the only label on the entire thing!

Comment

The Armstrong Rails were not the best pickups, I assure you. THey were good for getting sound, but I honestly don't see how the guy got famous making pickups like that

Anyhoo, a Duncan JBJr in the 2nd bridge slot (furthest from the bridge) and a Hot Rails neck model in the first bridge slot should give you a fairly decent selection of tones, though you might want to experiment with various wiring options (combining coils of both pickups, running both in parallel with themselves and series with each other, etc).

Maybe a Lil59/JBJr or LilScreaminDemon/Lil59 combo in the bridge.

But if you're hell-bent on putting a humbucker in there, try a Duncan Custom, Custom5, or JB with a ceramic magnet (Distortion Lite).
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I would like to use the same pickup as Mike from Nocturnus did but I don't know which one he used.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                              X