MOP Inlays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOP Inlays?

Is it normal for MOP inlays to look fairly different than the rest? I just got a Dinky XL and the 7 fret inlay has a noticeably different look than the rest of the inlays. Just curious if this is normal or if something fishy is going on.

Jackson does that on purpose to see if you'll notice.

Comment

It's MOP, not going to look uniform. The XL's didn't have the highest quality MOP either. I had a 93.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        It's MOP, not going to look uniform. The XL's didn't have the highest quality MOP either. I had a 93.
        Thanks, just making sure it's normal and it seems like it is.

Comment

The 19th and 21st fret inlays of my RR1T look a little duller than the rest, but they seem to change and look better from different angles and under different light.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It seems like having the 7th fret's inlay looking different is nothing to really worry about, thanks guys.

Comment

Yep, nothing to worry about. MOP is just like that sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                The 19th and 21st fret inlays of my RR1T look a little duller than the rest, but they seem to change and look better from different angles and under different light.
                Why bother posting the pics there, Toey, as they're such shitty quality we can't even see what you're describing!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Why bother posting the pics there, Toey, as they're such shitty quality we can't even see what you're describing!
                  My SL2H has a much darker fin on the 12th fret. I thought this was pretty cool/handy.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Really anal to worry about something like that.
                    Ron you are quite the tactful one aren't you?:ROTF:
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      If you look at the first pic, you can see the last two inlays look duller. It's not just an effect of the sunlight (hell, that pic was taken by RD when he owned it, anyway). Those inlays pretty much look like that while looking straight at it in my house, too. The bottom pic shows them better and from a different angle. Duh. MOP does really change with light and looks different from various angles.

Comment

Really anal to worry about something like that.
                        The Webster dictionary is a pretty large book.

Comment

After all it's still a natural product just like wood, isn't it?
                          At least on my guitars they all look a bit different from each other as well.
                          Some are shiny, some are dull, there's bright and dark ones...
                          I guess that's just the way they are.
                          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            If you look at the first pic, you can see the last two inlays look duller. It's not just an effect of the sunlight (hell, that pic was taken by RD when he owned it, anyway).
                            Ah yes, I see it now. My bad

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            Ron you are quite the tactful one aren't you?:ROTF:
                            Tact is my middle name
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I couldn't resist.

Comment

Working...
                              X