J50BC is a J50BC is a J50BC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J50BC is a J50BC is a J50BC?

So I guess this is out of a Charvette? Is this identical to the ones in Model 4's (with the exception of the "Charvel USA" cover)? The Model 4 pups are great, and I might be tempted by this if it isn't some cost-shaved piece of shit imposter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-J-50-BC-...item255d3b5075

That looks like a pretty sweet pickup. I'm putting an 86 Model 4 back together and got a pickup set from SausageOfPower. The funny thing is, the humbucker measures way hot for a 50. I'll have to go back and check, but eack coil was about 8K, making me think it's a J90.

The J50 in my Jackson Fusion Pro RULES! Totally nails the Wilton/DeGarmo tone.

I just don't remember if the Fusion pickup is a J50B or BC.

Comment

Fusions had a J50b pickup in the bridge. The ones with the covers aren't trem spaced though like i found out and dont have screws through the bobbins either. They look like generic humbuckers from cheap guitars. They do sound good though
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

The plastic cover could have been switched but I thought the J50BC was a four wire pickup.

Comment

Working...
        X