Bareknuckles in a SL2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bareknuckles in a SL2H

Anyone got Bareknuckles in a SL2H? I'm thinking of picking up a set and am wondering which model to get for a good 80's metal tone. Def Leppard, Stryper, Skid Row type of tone.:think:

I don't have a SL2...import here. If I wasn't as happy with the stock JB as I am, I'd be looking at the VHII. But I'll bet most if not all of them would get you there.

Comment

theres a guy on here called Grim who has Bareknuckles in at least one soloist, and he loves them, maybe get some advice from him? hopefully he sees this thread for you

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
        theres a guy on here called Grim who has Bareknuckles in at least one soloist, and he loves them, maybe get some advice from him? hopefully he sees this thread for you
        Two soloists! One is ash with a top though, and the other is just an alder one.

80s metal? I'd do either a Holy Diver or a VHII. I have a Holy Diver which is currently playing musical pickups with the original Super Distortion in my '79 strat. Although you could do a Cold Sweat or a Miracle Man as well. Hell, even a Nailbomb will do 80s metal.

I'd probably do the VHII. It is a medium-output pickup, but is the king of 80s metal (i.e. hair metal) tones. If you're looking for something more akin to Iron Maiden or Dio, the Holy Diver would be your choice.

EDIT: Thanks to you, I'm going to get the Holy Diver put in my MAH, LOL. I like the JB in the Mahogany one and I think the Holy Diver will work just as well or better. Although I have plans for that guitar to go down to C# when my custom warrior arrives, so I will probably put in a Painkiller then
        Last edited by Grim; 09-10-2010, 08:29 PM.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

DID YA'LL TAKE MAH ADVICE?

On a more serious note, the guys at Bareknuckle will be happy to help if you don't trust me.

But damn you if you don't.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
          X