Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: San Dimas Fiesta Red

Hi,

I finally decided to go ahead and buy a second USA Pro-Mod. So this is my new SD Fiesta Red. The color is not my favorite (I wish it was Ferrari red) but after seeing how cool GT's SD looks I am pretty happy with my choice.

The guitar definitely needed a good set up (a bit of fret work), so I took her almost straight to the guitar tech. Hopefully she'll be ready by tomorrow. Let's see how she plays

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j..._FiestaRed.jpg

Im sure she will play like butter. Awesome guitar! Ive been wanting one of these to go with my so-cal.

Comment

Thanks a lot Chuck. I got her back from the shop yesterday and man, what a difference!! She now truly plays like butter. The action is great, harmonics pop out, the tremolo works amazing. I was a bit frustrated when she arrived. I had been waiting for days for her to arrive and then the notes would choke if you tried to bend over the 15th fret. I thought I got a lemon. Thanks goodness I couldn't be more wrong!! This baby is going to stay with me for a while. I'll post a few more pics later today.

Comment

Congrats!!! I love these 1 hum SD's. The rosewood fretboard feels great - nice and smooth. I put a Duncan Custom in mine and found it sounded a lot clearer and less wah mid choked than the JB. I also put a MIG Floyd on it, though the MIK Floyd was fine after I swapped in a MIG bar and receiver. I do still need to swap in a MIG Floyd nut at some point.

Next up is a Mike Learn HRF job down the road - maybe around May.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Nice guitar. Love the fiesta red.

Congrats

Comment

Thanks a lot guys!

I just can't put her down. I also got a FU 37mm brass block installed on it and swapped the knob for a normal chrome dome. The block does make a difference, the guitar is more resonant now. It is way louder when you play it unplugged.

GT, I love your mods man. Your Fiesta looks so classy. What kind of graphic do you have in mind?
            A zebra Duncan Custom and a cream pickup ring are next on my upgrades list. I think I will wait a couple of months before doing it. Otherwise, the wife will start asking questions. ;-)

Comment

I'll bet it's a screamer. Nice one.

Comment

I was thinking white into orange hot rod flames with blue pins for mine. We'll see what happens. I might go for a complete refin based on another HRF NAMM 3 TITE.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                X