Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody tried the Earvana Compensated Floyd Nut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody tried the Earvana Compensated Floyd Nut?

I looked into the Buzz Feiten Tuning System, but.....

a. The nearest retrofitter is a couple hundred miles from me, and....

b. It would cost about $300.00+ for a guitar with a Floyd.

So I recently discovered the Earvana compensated nut for Floyds. It appears to be a direct drop-in replacement.

Have any of you tried this? If so, what do you think?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

No, but it beats me why a Buzz nut isn't available for Floyd guitars, which would simply have a little extended shelf like the Earvana but all the way across all the strings. It would bolt straight on, and save the large luthiery cost and irreversibility of shaving wood ane drilling.

Comment

I have used the Earvana on a Schecter Ultra I own. It is the shit. Big chord blend a hundred times better with Keyboards when I play with one. The Floyd Nut isn't out yet I believe. I have pestered them for a production date, and they had issues with whoever was supposed to machine the parts. The picture has been on thier website for a couple years now. I have 2 Jackson's and a Charvel waiting to be fitted. I love what this does for my guitar.
      The Buzz Fieten will "improve" your instrument. But falls way short next to this simple non evasive modification.
      Her is to hoping Earvana gets it together so I can play my guitars in all thier goodness and intonation before the end of the world. LOL
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
      A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

You can purchase the Floyd nut on the earvana website for 95 bucks.
        My hair is on fire!!!!!My hair is on fire!!!!!!
        Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tonemonster View Post
          You can purchase the Floyd nut on the earvana website for 95 bucks.
          Thanx
          I will hop on over to thier site and see about ordering 3

Comment

$95? They can keep it, thats just ludicrous. Its probably a chineese made piece that costs about $1.50 to manufacture. Id LOVE to try one, but not at that price... not at HALF that price.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I'm not sure I 'get' the Earvana Floyd nut concept. I 'get' the regular Earvana nut, I've used it in the past and I did notice a difference. But for the Floyd, once you clamp the strings down, does it really do anything? Especially $95 worth of anything?

Comment

What is important is where the string leaves the nut, which yeah, it does something. I'm not sure I want to try it... I might like it.

Comment

I your not into chording, you might not see the advantage.
                  If you play with a keyboard player: They will notice or quit questioning what chords you are playing.\
                  If you record regularly: Your tracks will be cleaner, and the guy mixing won't bury you as deep trying to take attention away from those out of tune notes that create unwanted tension in the mix.
                  They will often make a mental note to call you for more work, because your tracks worked out with less manipulation. Plus if you have a member with Perfect Pitch, It gets them off your back.
                  I could come up with more. But they All have to do with work and having as good an end product to make money with as possible. Don't knock it till ya try it. If I can improve my tone for $100 or less I will. What does a titanium Floyd block cost?

Comment

good point

Comment

Working...
                    X