Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does guitar wall hangers damages guitar necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does guitar wall hangers damages guitar necks?

I did a lot of search about this in the Internet, but can't find nothing conclusive. I'm having some trouble to store my guitars (space problems). So I'm thinking to store them hanging in the wall, but I'm worried if these wall hangers do some kind of damage to guitar necks. Any advice?

Everything considered, the Hercules wall hanger has served me well for many years. No lacquer damage, no drops. And I am confident that my guitars haven't been structurally damaged by hanging from the neck/head. Being on the wall compared to a stand, removes it from the dangers on the floor as well.
    Last edited by jackson1; 09-06-2010, 08:40 AM.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Agreed, though I will say the StringSwing hangers might pose a problem with certain guitars. Jackson 3x3/SLS heads are fine, but for all of my NASLs (Japan-only model), the tuners are resting on the hanger itself. As well, the 6th tuner of my regular pointyheads are touching the hanger. Not sure if that'll eventualyl be a problem. Probably not.

Also not sure if a Les Paul or PRS head will do the same, though, so if that's what ya got....
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've been using wall hangers for well over a decade and haven't had any issues.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Structurally, it shouldn't be a problem at all. Guitar stores display them that way for years (decades for the ridiculous priced ones) and they are still intact. As noted, the thing to be aware is what material the hanger is made of and whether it will react to the guitar finish where it contacts. Be wary of all rubber coating contacting painted surfaces. The only down side is the strings will oxidize faster than ones within a case.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Thank you, guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by cerberus View Post
              I did a lot of search about this in the Internet, but can't find nothing conclusive. I'm having some trouble to store my guitars (space problems). So I'm thinking to store them hanging in the wall, but I'm worried if these wall hangers do some kind of damage to guitar necks. Any advice?
              its what most guitar stores use so they cant be too bad for a guitar.. As long as you install the hanger correctly, and you don't have a really odd headstock, your guitar should be fine. My teacher in guitar tutorial also has no objection against guitar hangers..
              Last edited by gavin_rossdale; 07-10-2011, 11:40 PM.

Comment

wow, dug up a 1+ year old thread to repeat what Newc said!
                My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
                  wow, dug up a 1+ year old thread to repeat what Newc said!
                  Well, 10 months anyway, you math major, you!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Next time, just breathe in / breathe out, breathe in / breathe out, and take a minute to think about whether you really have anything new to contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Well, 10 months anyway, you math major, you!
                      Ron, I are a high shcool graguate and I math real good, think you very much!
                      Last edited by DalyTek; 07-09-2011, 08:07 PM.
                      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
                      X