Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFR tuning stability

Hey guys

So, last night I was wankering around a bit with my new Carvin. I noticed after a few big 'ole Dime Squeals that the tuning is acting a bit weird. If I do this with my Soloist (FTR-2000), generally all 6 strings will end up a touch sharp, maybe 2 hz or so. If I dump the bar a little bit, it goes back in virtually perfect tune. Now, with my Carvin when I do this, the OFR seems to be shifting a little bit because the high e goes 2 -3 hz sharp, and the low E 2 - 3 hz flat, and everything between is linear between those points. Again though, if I dump the bar a bit, it goes back in tune very well.

Is this something I should be investigating a little bit, or is it a pretty normal thing?

Edit: The strings on the Carvin are about 4 - 5 weeks old, they still sound fine but they are aging a little, not sure if that could be the cause or not.
    Last edited by potatohead; 09-03-2010, 03:00 PM.

Check so the Floyd bushings aren't loose in the body, or the locking not loose on the neck.

Comment

I've always found putting a bit of vaseline or chap stick at the trem posts allows the knife edges to move without friction for the most part. This really helps with returning back to neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
        Check so the Floyd bushings aren't loose in the body, or the locking not loose on the neck.
        Yeah, that was the first thing I did actually, I wish it was that simple. The guitar is only a month old so things are still pretty tight.

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
        I've always found putting a bit of vaseline or chap stick at the trem posts allows the knife edges to move without friction for the most part. This really helps with returning back to neutral.
        Good idea, I will try that. I did this to my Jackson but not to this one as it's so new, but it can't hurt.

Comment

Working...
        X