Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 nut replacement

hey, a newbie to JCF.
    I have a 22+ yr old Model 4 with a worn out nut. It has a JT-6 w/ Kahler string lock.
    Anyone replace one? Where did you find it & which did you use?:think:

Usually only the pads and/or bolts need replacing. You can get the bolts from fretsonthenet. He stopped sourcing the pads last time I asked.

Comment

You're thinking of the FR locknut?

here is a pic of my set up on a 'phony (about 1/2 way down)

http://www.wammiworld.com/Installation.html
      Last edited by sixstringer; 09-01-2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Yeah its a jt6 stringlock. Looks like a kahler stringlock except made in taiwan and slightly different dimensions. Why are you replacing it?

Comment

the nut is worn out, the string lock is fine.....

Comment

Are you talking about needing to replace the nut or the stringlock? If you need to replace your nut, these had a 1 11/16" Gibson style nut.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Nuts,_sa...sq_XL_Nut.html

Comment

thanks

Comment

I replaced the nut on my model 6 with the gibson pre-slotted one. Was really easy. Just file the bottom, test fit, file, test fit, etc. till it's the right height. Then file the sides to fit and you're good to go. Takes a little while cause the graphite is pretty slick but just take your time and it works great.
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Gibby style nuts are what I use just a bit of filing and test fitting then its all good
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X