SLSMG Passive -> Active: Input jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLSMG Passive -> Active: Input jack?

This jack appears to have an extra conductor that isn't connected to anything... does that mean it's actually a stereo jack, and I don't have to replace it in order to move to Active EMGs?

Yes, it is a stereo jack, so youre good to go! My SLSMG had the stereo jack as well with the original junk HZ's.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Awesome, thanks! I don't suppose you know which EMG switch I should order to replace the 3way here? I'd rather go with the fully solderless install, just for neatness. I'm not afraid of soldering, but having ZERO solder I think would be kind of awesome. Thye make a "Strat style" and a "Tele style", but I don't see much difference between the two. I've heard of people buying switches as replacements, though, that didn't fit properly. Any input would be most appreciated.

Comment

It would be a standard strat switch. Any reson youre replacing it?
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Only because EMG makes switches that you can use with their solderless install system, and I'd rather not have a hybrid soldered/solderless install The existing switch works fine, I just think it would look nicer to go full solderless.

Comment

Ah... well then youll want the strat style switch.

Personally, I think the solderless install is pure blasphemy. Soldering isnt hard to do, and once you learn how to do it properly, you can do alot of cool wiring stuff yourself. I bet I can install a standard soldered EMG set faster than someone can do the solderless bs, and my install will look 100% better. Remember, with solderless, you cant cut anything to length... youre stuck with what they gave you. Just my opinion though!

Comment

That's a good point on the length thing... Yeah I'm not afraid of a soldering iron, I did all the wiring in my Kelly. I just figure it will look nicer to go all solderless if any of it will be. Thanks for your help!

Comment

For the record, the strat style switch (S3) does have the correct screwhole spacing, but it is actually too tall to fit into the SLSMG control cavity without modification. I had to take the Dremel to mine to get it to fit in there. It works, though!

Comment

Working...
                X