Paid on 8/4/2010 - still nothing but a bogus USPS tracking number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid on 8/4/2010 - still nothing but a bogus USPS tracking number

Claim is going on through paypal right now. The newbie seller hasn't been on this forum since he sold me the pickups. On 8/12/2010 I sent him a PM saying whats up? to which he responded that he'd ship ASAP and I'd get the pickups by Saturday. I waited until Wednesday and filed a dispute with Paypal. Yesterday (two weeks later) I escalated it to a claim. He submitted a bogus tracking number which isn't found on the USPS website.

Can I get the funds he paid for Platinum Status?

Is this Bryan from Florida?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No. With a little research you could figure out who it was, but I didn't want to name names.

First he forgot to ship for some reason for 8 days, then when I reminded him, he said he'd ship right away, and I kept waiting and waiting. It's now been over three weeks and I've given up hope.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        With a little research you could figure out who it was,
        Challenge accepted!

but I didn't want to name names.
        I don't have such qualms, as you probably know from my past Feedback threads.
        IMO this forum is for feedback good & bad, and names should be named either way.

This seller is SausageofPower (Freudian?) aka Corey. Here is the thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/109...1200-Mid-boost

Comment

total bummer

Comment

According to his profile he was online here yesterday. Join Date 03-21-2010 Last Activity Yesterday 03:56 PM

Comment

GTF outta here! The tracking number works finally and says it will be delivered today. I hope it isn't a box of rocks. The mail gets delivered in a few hours. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Comment

Tracking numbers never work right........................
                Charvel CST 060 1992
                Charvel CST 070 1992
                Charvel CDS 090 1993
                Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                Duesenberg 49er 2012
                Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                History TH-LS Limited 2009
                History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Ok, so with one day left before Paypal took action, the pickups finally arrived and I cancelled the claim with Paypal.

I just don't get it. Why not just send the pickups when I sent the money? He paid a higher postage fee to get them here before the 29th. I just don't get it.

Comment

Hey, at least you got it in about 3 weeks. My pup took about 3 months!

Comment

I guess the lesson learned is don't buy from newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        Claim is going on through paypal right now. The newbie seller hasn't been on this forum since he sold me the pickups. On 8/12/2010 I sent him a PM saying whats up? to which he responded that he'd ship ASAP and I'd get the pickups by Saturday. I waited until Wednesday and filed a dispute with Paypal. Yesterday (two weeks later) I escalated it to a claim. He submitted a bogus tracking number which isn't found on the USPS website.

Can I get the funds he paid for Platinum Status?
                        I respect Don's frustration with this matter. During this whole transaction I made a couple of mistakes (namely not sending the item as soon as payment was received, and on a greater scale not mailing them myself which led to the greater delay), but I hope Don will agree here that the items were received in the shape promised and (in my opinion) he got a damned good deal.

Also, just to note, I didn't "pay more" to get it there before the 29th, I had always told Don that I was shipping via Priority Mail which is exactly what I did. I apologize to him, publicly, for the inconvenience and hope he's happy with the pickups.

-Corey

Comment

Live and learn, no harm done and nobody ripped off, win win for everyone...............
                          Charvel CST 060 1992
                          Charvel CST 070 1992
                          Charvel CDS 090 1993
                          Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                          Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                          Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                          Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                          Duesenberg 49er 2012
                          Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                          Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                          History TH-LS Limited 2009
                          History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
                            I respect Don's frustration with this matter. During this whole transaction I made a couple of mistakes (namely not sending the item as soon as payment was received, and on a greater scale not mailing them myself which led to the greater delay), but I hope Don will agree here that the items were received in the shape promised and (in my opinion) he got a damned good deal.

Also, just to note, I didn't "pay more" to get it there before the 29th, I had always told Don that I was shipping via Priority Mail which is exactly what I did. I apologize to him, publicly, for the inconvenience and hope he's happy with the pickups.

-Corey
                            Yeah, I'm cool with it. I'm happy with the pickups. No issues.

Comment

Yay!! A happy ending

Comment

Working...
                              X