No announcement yet.

installing dimarzio in Ibanez RG HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing dimarzio in Ibanez RG HELP!

I'm no technical wizard, but I can do simple wiring. I'm trying to put aDimarzio Evolution in the bridge slot of an Ibanez RG270 (I know....)

I want to maintain the original specs for the 5 way positions. The cheapy Ibby pickups have a red, white, and bare. Evo has BLK+WHT together, GRN+Bare together, and RED. I just want to know which of the Dimarzio wires to solder on to replace the Ibanez. I know everyone hates Ibanez, but I got it dirt cheap! I come here because i trust you guys and know you will help me out quick! Thanks!

Go here

Comment

Believe me, I checked all the normal spots, but these Ibanez pickups are the ultra crappy powersounds with just red, whit and bare. I was just hoping someone here had experience with them.

Comment

well first of all where were the red, white, and bare originally connected? maybe a pic of the control cavity?
        we dont hate ibanez, just love jackson
        in order to love one thing doesnt mean you must hate another. guitars are like people, each has somethin to offer, it just depends on what you're lookin for

chances are the two wires that go together on the dimarzio will go where the red was, the lead from the dimarzio to where the white was or vice versa and the ground goes to where the bare was or any other grounding spot. use some alligator clips and try it one way then try it the other.
        Last edited by jdr94; 08-24-2010, 06:14 PM.

Comment

FYI if you know the year, ibanez does have wiring diagrams on their sight back to 94. Like JDR94 said with only three wires you shouldn't even have to match up color codes

Comment

yeah, I did that, and it sounded bad, so I switched the leads and it still sounded bad. The Evo just doesn't sound good in this guitar. I'm going to put it back in my Fusion where it sounded great and try something else in the Ibby. I know not everyone hates Ibanez, I just trying to avoid all the "the problem is that it is an ibanez" replies. I have a small collection of Charvels and love them very much, but I was looking for something different, and this opportunity came up so I took it! Thank you all so much for your help!

Comment

change the pots first, they really suck.

Comment

Working...
              X