Anyone replaced a USA logo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone replaced a USA logo??

I'm looking at possibly grabbing a early '90's USA Soloist that's beat up a bit. I may try and refinish but the logo is about 1/2 chipped off. Has anyone tried to replace a MOP logo? How deep is it inlaid? And anyone know where you could even get one to replace it with? I see best-decals.com is not doing J/C logos anymore, copyright issue I assume..??
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

I saw your other thread, if I were you I'd have it refinished completely with a regular decal, much simpler than redoing the pearl logo. If you have a luthier or paint guy who you would trust to do the refin job ask them for a quote, then you can figure out if it's really worth the hassle.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I don't think the MOP on the headstock is actually inlayed. I think it is very thin (0.010" MOP)and is just glued on and cleared over. If it were inlayed, that would be a bitch to mask at paint and or stain. I may be wrong though!

Comment

Nope, it's not inlaid.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That's what I was hoping to hear (not inlaid). Anyone ever cut thin pearl like the logo (.010)? I don't see anyone who sells logo's anymore. levantin - I'd do the refin myself. I'd like to give pearl a try but if not maybe just vinyl. I don't even know if I'm getting the guitar yet but still curious anyway.
          Sully - the logos you'r doing (like the chandler neck), are they pearl or vinyl?

Comment

Cool, if you do go for it, please post pics of the whole process!
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I will. I like to document my work so I can look back and either cheer myself on for another project or puke and ask wtf I was thinking!! lol

Comment

Best decals is showing a Jackson decal under "Custom Headstock Decals You Create". You are right though, looks like they pulled the J/C category. It was up earlier in the year.

Comment

Try these guys..............http://www.inlayusa.com/

They offer a laser cutting service and may have the ability to do this.

Comment

Crap.. but looks like they have what I need if I try it on my own...
                    Laser Cutting
                    Services

We have discontinued providing laser cutting services for our veneers at this time
                    l

Comment

Working...
                    X