Need a wiring diagram for 86 SD soloist with 3 on/off switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a wiring diagram for 86 SD soloist with 3 on/off switches

Getting ready to wire up my soloist after getting new pups for it. I can't seem to find a diagram for it.

It's an 86 with the 3 toggle switches. One for each pup. There also was a 4th switch added. My guess was for phase reverse or split. But none th less I need a little help.

If someone has one of these older soloist like this could you post a few pictures or if anyone has a diagram that'll work too

thanks

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...e-1200_3sc.jpg

Here's a diagram with 3 singles and 3 mini-switches. With a 4-conductor bridge humbucker, it'll be wired the same with the hot wire going to the top lug of the switch, and you either solder the coil-splitting leads together (ie. the red & white wires, if Jackson or Duncan, black & white if DiMarzio) or send them to that 4th switch in your case if you want to use it for coil-splitting. In this diagram, the center lugs are all wired together and are labeled as going to point A, which would be the active circuit if the guitar had one, or to the output jack if it didn't.

Shield & ground wires could either go to the back of the volume pot, or in many cases on C/J guitars they went directly to a central ground lug screwed into the side of the cavity.

If you do use your coil-split switch, both of the leads from the pickup are wired to one of the lugs and the center lug is wired to ground. If it's a phase switch, someone else will have to help you with that, and it might change everything else as well, unfortunately.

One other note- Most of the USA guitars I've seen used double-pole mini-switches (6 lugs in 2 rows, rather than a single row of 3, like in the diagram), with the hot wire from each pickup wired to the top left lug and the output wire soldered across all of the center lugs. Hope this helps. If not, I can take a pic of one of mine for you.

Comment

Hey DG that worked great.. Thanks again.. i was pretty sure that was the correct way to wire them.. i tell you what. i love the 3 toggle idea.. you can use the tb4 in the back and one of the single stacks in the neck and get a nice thubby distortion.. pretty sweet..

Now i want a SL2 with Kahler from back in those days.. pretty sweet gee-tar

Comment

Working...
      X