Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does one of my PC1's have it's harmonic switch wired backwards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does one of my PC1's have it's harmonic switch wired backwards?

One of my PC1's has the harmonic switch wired backwards.

On all my other PC1's, the switch points forwards toward the neck pup in order to get that screaming feedback mode while this one it points backwards towards the input jack? Huh?

Given that these switches are "hardwired" to the sustainer circuit board, it's not as though some one reversed the wires on say a Les Paul style selector switch.

Funny how after all these years I never noticed until I was checking out some Phil Collen Youtube videos.

Anyone else notice this differences between their PC1's?

For what it's worth this is a rather odd PC1 in many ways. Neck dimension, serial number etc....

Last edited by vklobucar; 08-18-2010, 10:59 AM.

1. Loosen the nut that holds the switch in place.
    2. Rotate switch 180 degrees.
    3. Tighten the nut that holds the switch in place.
    4. Rejoice

Wait, I just re-read your post where you say the switch is hard wired to the circuit board. That seems like a "not good" idea to me.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

2. Rotate the switch 180 degrees
      3. Given that the switch is hardwired to the sustainer circuit board, fuck up the entire sustainer unit and drop it off at your nearest authorized Jackson Service Center.
      4. Call Visa to increase your spending limit 'cause your gonna need it when you get the bill for the repair.
      5. Rejoice over the fact that you DID NOT actually attempt step #2

Comment

Yeah it it's hard wired to the board then the only explanation is that the circuit board design/layout is different on that one. They don't make "Reverse action" dpdt switches. Maybe there is a dipswitch on the board that controls the switch orientation. I believe rjohnstone is the resident PC-1 electronics guru, hopefully he will chime in.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Too bad it's like this. It could really screw up whatever technique you've developed with your other PC1's. Might be a good idea to contact Jackson.

Comment

This was bought a few years ago from a fellow JCF member so sadly I doubt that Jackson would give a rats ass about one lone backwards wired PC1 stuck up here in the Great White North hellhole aka Montreal, Canada!

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
              This was bought a few years ago from a fellow JCF member so sadly I doubt that Jackson would give a rats ass about one lone backwards wired PC1 stuck up here in the Great White North hellhole aka Montreal, Canada!
              I'd contact them anyway and let them know it came this way from the factory. Not much to lose in typing up an email or making a phone call.

Comment

I agree.

How the hell do we contact Jackson anyhow?

I positive side of this is that its not like they can say that someone screwed with the guitar after it was sold no?

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                  I doubt that Jackson would give a rats ass about one lone backwards wired PC1 stuck up here in the Great White North hellhole aka Montreal, Canada!
                  Especially if you spell its with an apostrophe!

and rat's ass without one!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The part I find to be the funniest is that fact that anyone believes the switch was put on backwards.
                    The switch is an on/off/on. Doesn't matter which way you flip it, it will function the same when soldered to a printed circuit board.

There are two different (that I know of anyway) versions of the board used in the PC1.
                    Check the numbers on the board and see what the Rev # is.
                    I've never been able to fully investigate the differences between the two, but they are different.
                    -Rick

Comment

I'll have a closer look and see what Rev # it happens to be.

Comment

Okay so I pulled off the control plate and looked inside.

FRS/PC-007 REV.C

Do not know that that really means but.....

Comment

That's the same board used in the Baretta Infinity.
                          It's possible Floyd Rose effed up and sent some boards meant for Kramer to Jackson by mistake.
                          -Rick

Comment

See, I told you RJ would give you the straight poop!
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

So is it worth speaking too / emailing Jackson about this after all these years?

Comment

Working...
                              X