Sam Ash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Ash

Anybody here know if Sam Ash is going to start selling Jackson guitars now that Jackson's been bought by Fender?
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: Sam Ash

Isn't sam ash going out of business?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I think you are thinking of Mars Music, unless there's something I haven't heard.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Thats it it was mars not sam ash, I thnk the fender guy said they're not going to force their dealers to stock jackson like gibson does with epiphone but it'll make it easier if they want to.
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Well, shortly after Fender bought Jackson, I went to my local Sam's Ass (Long Island)and asked the guys about it. They were clueless! Half the guys in the guitar dept. didn't even know the sale had happened. The manager there said he doubted that they would though, but no official word had come down at that point. Too busy pushing Ibanez's & OLP's to be bothered w/ quality instruments. I tell ya, these guys are WORSE than Guitar Center
          !

I have a friend that works at thier corporate offices, I'll have to see if he's heard anything....

-Kenn

Comment

There were some Jacksons at the Cherry Hill Ash when I worked there (for all of 6 months!) But they were imports - no USA models. I DID miss out on getting a Stealth Pro at cost, though.

Comment

I was working at the Edison NJ store when the sale went down. I asked the regional VP if we were going to take on Jackson now that Fender owns them, and he said probably not.

I had a few choice words for him that I had to keep to myself, but I quit there anyway.

Comment

In May 1999 I received a Sam Ash catalog with a Jackson KV3. With catalog in hand I went to buy one for a present in midtown Manhattan. They did not have it! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] The manager told me it was a mistake in the catalog and that he thought that Jackson was going out of business [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] . A few Jackson USA's were in the window though. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I knew that was [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] so I asked a few more questions and he revealed the intricate "politics" [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] between Guitar Center/Fender and Jackson distributors prevented them from freely representing the Jackson Brand.

Now that FMIC Fender has acquired AMIC Jackson, I do not see why SAMS Sam Ash Music Stores would not put the spot light on Jackson. They could use it!!

The music stores on West 48th street look like dentists offices with all thoses "TOOTH" shaped guitars in the windows and on the walls. Sam Ash should be able to put Jackson Warriors, Rhoads, King V's, Kelly's and Stars in the spotlight.

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Man this post brings back memories. I remember when Sam Ash was nothing but Jackson's. It was a beautious thing.
                  ][ :o )#

[ December 08, 2002, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Soloist1 ]
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  We must increase the bust!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!
                  The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Working...
                  X