Fretting a fretless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fretting a fretless?

So I have a fretless acoustic/electric bass and I cannot play it for crap. I don't really foresee myself being able to play it well at any time in the future because I am simply not accurate enough. Would it be a tremendous pain in the butt to put frets on it or should I just leave well enough alone. I imagine it would be pretty easy but I have found, time and time again, that nothing is quite as easy as it seems...
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Is it a bolt-on? Can you find a fretted neck for it? It might be cheaper just to swap the current neck...

Comment

That's one great way to tick off someone that might be looking for a fretless FB.
      As mentioned...flip it.

Comment

Nope... not bolt on. I had it on Craigslist, but no bites. I think I may as well just go for it and see what happens.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Working...
        X