Pickups for a dean vendetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups for a dean vendetta

OK as some of you know i am a young guitarist. My little brother wanted to play but quit after a little while. His first guitar was a Dean vendetta (the one that comes in a starter pack for like $150). I started to do some work on this guitar i sanded all the paint off and am soon going to do a custom paint job with some car paint. i took out the pickups and have been wondering what a good pickup combo would be. It has three single coils. I play mostly metal.... i got a DK2M and love the sound of that thing, but I don't expect that heavy sound from the singles.

So any suggestions would work!!

You can't do much with singles, but luckily both SD and DiZ make humbucking singles. Pick out one that fits the bill. Hot Rails are the hottest.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      You can't do much with singles, but luckily both SD and DiZ make humbucking singles. Pick out one that fits the bill. Hot Rails are the hottest.
      ok thanks i probably won't have them for a while yet. I was thinking of putting a humbucking single in th bridge and neck then a normal single in the middle for a nice clean tone.

Comment

can any one tall me how they think this combo would go the hot rails shr1 in the neck then a Classic Stack Plus STK-S4 in the middle and a JB Jr.™ SJBJ-1 in the neck?

Comment

Get the new YJM set, STK-10.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
            Get the new YJM set, STK-10.
            what kind of music would iit be suited for?

Comment

Originally posted by brian95 View Post
              what kind of music would iit be suited for?
              never mind i looked it up yeah that look like a pretty good set up. i like yngwie's sound

Comment

Last edited by brian95; 08-05-2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X