Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjusting Pickup height on a Dinky DK2 HSS configuration (Seymour Duncan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting Pickup height on a Dinky DK2 HSS configuration (Seymour Duncan)

I own a Jackson Dinky DK2 Tranparent Blue made in Japan which came with stock JB TB-4 humbucker and 2 STK-1 Single Coils. Whenever i strike a power chord hard, i can hear a loud noise produced as if the strings were hitting the pickup pole pieces. Should I lower all the pickups? Is there a standard measurement for the pickup height in this guitar? If so, can someone provide me with the corresponding measurements for each pickup?

you could try lowering your pickups if you think their to high
    is it set up perhaps u gt some fret buzz this could also be the action on the guitar even the hight of your trem could cause this as this happened to my dk2 just had it resetup when i first had it 4 years ago havnt had a problem since

if any of this doesent help im sure theres some pros on here to help good luck

Comment

There is really no set measurement for the height on a passive pick up just adj it to where they sound the best to you.
      If the strings are contacting the pole pieces yes the pick ups are too high.
      If they are too close to the strings the pick up loose their harmonics and sound choked.Too far and they lose power and sound weak.
      The way I set a guitar up is adj the pickups to where each pick up has close to the same volume.(2 hum guitar for example)
      Then do a fine adj with the pole pieces.Start at the big E string and strike an open note if the note decays rapidly turn the pole screw closer to the string.When the note sort of hangs or "blooms" you are where you need to be.
      Do this for each string on both pick ups and you will be surprised how much better the guitar sounds.Lots of sustain and harmonics.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You may have a low nut and the strings are hitting the first few frets.Or maybe the trem springs are creating an audible rattle.If so replace them.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'd have it set up for the way you want it. I got a new DK2 a few weeks ago and am happy with the action the way it came; just tuned it down a half step, but I did raise the bridge pickup about two turns on each side.

Comment

Working...
          X