Dimebucker and L-500XL pickup rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebucker and L-500XL pickup rings

I bought a dimebucker and a L-500XL for my soloist with a floyd (trying both). but the pickup rings they came are flat on the bottom and slanted on the top. these seem to be for a fixed bridge were the strings come off the bridge on a angle. the rings on my guitar are flat on the bottom and top. So if i use the slanted ring then the pickup will be higher near the floyd, is this normal for a dime or L-500XL. I was in a guitar shop the other day and looked at a Razorback with a floyd and dime and it had the slanted ring with the pickup higher by the floyd. this just does not seem right to me. tried the stock ring but the dime does not seem to mount right. anyone know the correct setup? anyone with a dime in a strat type guitar with a floyd?

I can't answer any of your questions directly, but here's a simple mod if you're interested. I've had slanted rings that raise the poles near the bridge. I wanted a flat version of one of these rings so I sanded it flat. I took enough plastic from the bottom and sides to make the ring completely level on the top and bottom--i. e., the top and bottom edges were parallel. It's your guitar--if you want it stock--great. If not, changing it to your specs might not be that difficult.

Comment

most guitars come with beveled bezels (pickup rings). SD pickups usually come with a flat bezel. having the pickup angled slightly towards the neck is standard practice. next time you're at the guitar store look at all the humbucking guitars and see what i mean.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
        most guitars come with beveled bezels (pickup rings). SD pickups usually come with a flat bezel. having the pickup angled slightly towards the neck is standard practice. next time you're at the guitar store look at all the humbucking guitars and see what i mean.
        On my guitar with the pickup angled towards the neck, the pickup is not parrallel with the strings. Is this OK?

Comment

Yeah. You should be fine with the beveled bezels. I've got a Schecter Tempest Custom that's got a Dimebucker installed, and it's got those kinds of pickup rings on them. Part of the reason is because I misplaced the SD-supplied ring and still have yet to find it.

But you can definitely use the beveled rings with your Dimebucker.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew11 View Post
            On my guitar with the pickup angled towards the neck, the pickup is not parrallel with the strings. Is this OK?
            It should be fine as alot of guitars have angled pickup rings to where the pickup isn't parallel to the strings. But it is best to have the pickup parallel to the strings if possible.

Comment

Working...
            X