Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New JE-1000!!!

Hi guys,

Was cruising the ebay the other day looking for things to try and make all my guitars sounds as good as my 86 soloist (JE-1200 on J-80's) and I came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Has anyone tried one of this guys JE-1000 replicas? Are they any good? Are they as good as the old ones? Do they even work!!!

The guys hasn't done a JE-1200 or 1500 yet, but I very tempted to buy 1 wire it to one of my Jackson's that doesn't have the JE-1*** and do a comparison.

Looks like RR2448 is up for a rewiring again! I have decided the reverse phase I tried in it was cool but the coil taps was too weak with no active pre-amp. This might remedy that.

Thoughts and advice is very welcome.

Hmmm. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be just as good as the original, if the components are the same. And while this guy is trying to make a few bucks off of them, I applaud the act of bringing these units back on the market.

However, I pity the guy once the FMIC lawyers come after him. I highly doubt that he's building these with permission from JCMI; nowhere does he state that they are built under license. Now that it's posted here, it's just a matter of time.

Comment

Does FMIC or JCMI still make them?

I got a new JE-1200 about 5 or 6 years ago from the Fender supplier in Europe (through a shop). But whenever I ask about them at stores now I get blank looks and no sensible answers.

If they are no longer made then i'd suggest there is a plausable defence case (even if he has to re-name it).

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
        If they are no longer made then i'd suggest there is a plausable defence case (even if he has to re-name it).
        I think FMIC is more than capable of keeping you in court (with the bills to pay) untill you go bankrupt
        so go ahead, defend yourself for something you 'might' make a few 100 or perhaps 1000 bucks a year from when it's gonna cost you 10's to 100's of thousands to keep it

That's the way the big boys win: by having a thicker wallet than you
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Agreed, it probably isn't worth it.

BTW it isn't me making these, I didn't put this up as a plug. I am genuinely interested in obtaining JE circuits for my guitars.

Comment

The JE-1500 in my Warrior Pro is, um, funky! Sounds better than the FX in my Boss GT-10
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Ill take it ;-)

Comment

i wonder if thats the dude who used to make them for mussamailma, looks pretty similar to the one i bought from them plastic pot and all.

Comment

Assuming you have it now, what's the noise floor like? I found the 1500 to have alot of background hiss between playing.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    Assuming you have it now, what's the noise floor like? I found the 1500 to have alot of background hiss between playing.
                    No I meant, I'd take your JE-1500... I will probably get one of these JE-1000's just to see if it worth getting more.

NEX what was your experience with those JE's?

Comment

Working...
                    X