Can you paint brass screws black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you paint brass screws black?

I have some brass saddles and screws that were black at one time and the started to chip. I have used some fine steel wool and made them all brass and smooth again.

Is there some sort of paint I can either spray or apply that would stick and look good? I know the black is probably a coating or power coating or something but if anyone knows of something I can use, please pass that information over to me.

I would use an enamel based paint, paint them with as thin of a coat you possible can (but still cover them obviosly) and then be very careful when you screw them back in

The reason i say a thin coat is so that when you screw them in, if they do chip, they should only chip in the phillips "x", and this would look cool with a brass "x" inside the black screw

Personally I wouldnt bother, just buy some black screws, they will cost about the same as the paint will

Good luck either way, Cheers

Comment

Agreed. Buying new will cost the same and take about the same amount of time (gotta include the drying time).

Or you could try your luck with some of that matte black BBQ grill paint
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X