Kahler Setup help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler Setup help please

I just bought a Jackson and it has the only Kahler I have ever had.

It has a Kahler APM3310 and I cannot find any setup guides for Kahlers. I have always used floyd roses so I am a little lost.

I emailed Kahler and they were no help other than to tell me the setup is the same as their 2300 tremolos.

I have no idea how high to make the individual strings or the correct way to space them.
    Can someone help me out here?

To adjust the individual string heights, you'll need a USA sized hex wrench (go to Ace/Home Depot). Insert it into the allen head right behind the brass roller where the string first contacts the bridge. "Tighten" the head to raise the string height or "loosen" it to lower the height. On a Jackson guitar, you'll want the E string saddles lower than all the others. Then the B and A string saddles should be slightly higher than the outer strings and the G and D string saddles should be the highest relative to the others. As far as moving the saddle, I'm pretty sure you can unscrew the phillips head screw and then push the saddle to where you want, then tighten the screw back down.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

This link will help you locate the correct screws to adjust what you want (it shows the screws that charvel750 described, the 3310 setup is the same as the 2300 except as it is fixed the allen screws in the cam (where the trem bar screws in) are missing, this is because there are no springs to adjust

http://www.kahlerusa.com/images/Kahler_maintain.pdf

Also check this site out:

http://www.wammiworld.com/

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazard29 View Post
        I have no idea how high to make the individual strings or the correct way to space them.
        Set them the way you like. There is no right or wrong way.

You say you know your Floyd. Make the string spacing and height the same as the Floyd then.

Comment

One more setup guide w/pics and wrench sizes. It's for the 2300, but much of it applies to the 3310:

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

The .050" allen wrench can be the hardest one to find, and it isn't included on a lot of multi-sets, but Sears and most serious hardware stores will have them.
          Last edited by dg; 07-10-2010, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I can get you a set of Kahler allen wrenches if you can't find what you need.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              Set them the way you like. There is no right or wrong way.

You say you know your Floyd. Make the string spacing and height the same as the Floyd then.
              On the floyd, once you raise or lower the 2 screws on each side of the bridge, all of the strings raise or lower so its real easy to set the height there. Also with a floyd, you can't adjust the saddles from left to right - they are not movable.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                I can get you a set of Kahler allen wrenches if you can't find what you need.
                Thanks - I have all of the allen keys that fit in the bridge I just have no idea how to set this up.

Can someone just give me measurements on each individual string height and I'll set it up to that?
                Last edited by Hazard29; 07-11-2010, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X