Duncan trembucker-sized pickup rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan trembucker-sized pickup rings?

Anyone know where to get a Duncan trembucker-sized gold, metal, angled, flat-bottom pickup ring? It seems that NO ONE makes these. The Duncan is 2.780 inches wide, and the standard inside dimension is 2.750. Duncan ships black, plastic rings with these pickups, but that's obviously not what I need. Anyone? Budman?
    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Did you try here?
    http://fretsonthenet.com/other_parts.htm

edit-I just saw where you put 'Budman?'
    sorry.
    Last edited by Scooter; 07-05-2010, 02:15 PM. Reason: oops
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

No one makes angled metal rings. However, the standard metal rings will fit a trem-spaced Duncan (I have one in my WarAngel). Put the metal ring on top of the plastic one. Works a treat.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc,

I have these exact rings on my SLATQH. And they can be bought - for example: EBAY.

I tried a Duncan trembucker, a Custom if I recall, and it would NOT fit - it was clearly wider than the inside of the standard 2.75 inch ring. Duncan's website even says the trembucker is 2.780 inches.
        "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

They fit (standard rings) so long as you don't need to raise the pickup up very much. If the bobbin is more than about halfway through you run into the clearance issue.

I would try fretsonthenet, the only other places I know of to check would be Allparts and Stewmac, both of whom carry angled metal rings, but I'm sure they're not Trembucker rings.

Comment

Working...
          X