Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takeuchi trs101 questions.

Hi,

Anyone got any experience of the TRS-101 Floyd Rose trem? How does it compare to the Floyd Rose Special? I'm looking for a budget trem and just wondering if there's a massive difference between these two. The TRS is more expensive, but is it better?

Finally - is the routing for the TRS-101 the same for a Floyd Rose Special? Can I replace it with the latter?

Thanks people.
    Charvel 475 Deluxe - Lefty
    Hamer Explorer - Lefty
    Black Limba Superstrat - Lefty
    Digitech GSP-21 Legend
    Marshall 8080

this one?

I would not get that one. Ibanez used to use those on the low end ex models and Jackson used it for a short time under the name jt580. The trs pro is the original trem used that goes under the name jt580lp. very high qulaity but not for the price. go for the frs or get a gotoh(better than OFR) for that price.

Comment

Yes, it's that one. Thanks for the tip. Do you know if I can slot a FRS into a TRS-101 slot? Are they interchangeable? Thanks.
      Charvel 475 Deluxe - Lefty
      Hamer Explorer - Lefty
      Black Limba Superstrat - Lefty
      Digitech GSP-21 Legend
      Marshall 8080

Comment

Are these a straight swap with an ofr?

Comment

my son has one of these on an old Yamaha that I got for him. it seems to work fine.
          Last edited by rebar71; 03-15-2011, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I never knew these were so bad.

Didn't USA BCR's get these after they stopped using The Ibanez Original Edge?

I have one in my Kelly, but it's blocked because I can't find a bar for it. The guitar sounds and plays great, no issues.

Comment

Anyone?? Does anyone here know If it's a straight swap for a floyd?? I'm about to buy something with this bridge but If I can't put a floyd on it I don't want it & I can't find shit on google to help.

Thanks

Comment

From what I read somewhere (searched google), TRS is 74mm post spacing (2.913"). Floyd rose says the OFR is 73.91mm (2.909"). Don't know about the routing but as far as post spacing goes, it's fine. Go here http://floydrose.com/technical-information.php and see the routing templates to see if it will work.
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  I never knew these were so bad.
                  ditto. I had always heard that these were definitely one of the better LFR trems out there. Mine son dive-bombs his all day long with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    this one?

I would not get that one. Ibanez used to use those on the low end ex models and Jackson used it for a short time under the name jt580. The trs pro is the original trem used that goes under the name jt580lp. very high qulaity but not for the price. go for the frs or get a gotoh(better than OFR) for that price.
                    Rich,

Maybe we are confused. Is there a TRS-101 and a separate, different Takeuchi bridge?

Please explain what is wrong with these.

Comment

The TRS101 has a flat edge on one side that gets a groove in it. After a lot of use it will have less stability. The block is also one piece that extends under the trem bar. If you need to change the trem block to a diffrent length your SOL.
                      The trs101 is made by Tackauchi. The pro version made by Tackauchi is the same design as the current jackson JT580lp and until fender took over made them for jackson/charvel.

Ibanez fans really blast these trems too( look up ex series).

Comment

Working...
                      X