Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage 80's Model 4 Neck + New San Dimas Style 2 Body- ANY ISSUES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage 80's Model 4 Neck + New San Dimas Style 2 Body- ANY ISSUES?

Hello all- Just a simple but probably common question. Can a 80's import neck from Model 4 (22 fret, maple fingerboard) work with a new production model San Dimas Style 2 body? Any thoughts or experiences welcome. Thanks Peeps

Yup, itll work just fine. Most J/C's are 2-1/4" heels so theyre all pretty much interchangable as long as theyre the same number of frets.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I'm not so sure about that. I tried to do the same thing and found the Charvel import neck was NOT the correct size for the Pro Mod body. Try it, you can't hurt anything, but for me it didn't work.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I had no problem putting a promod neck on a model 3 body.

Comment

Hey Charvel750- could you elaborate on did not fit? Was the neck too wide to fit in the pocket? I have a PC3 neck that is just slightly wider than most Jacksons and I had to shave both sides a hair to fit a different body and all is well. Or was it an angle or bolt hole issue? Thanks--And sorry about the vertical post-don't know why it did that.

Comment

It worked for Newc as well.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              I had no problem putting a promod neck on a model 3 body.
              Does the promod neck use the same wider/thicker screws that the Model series used? Or did u use the original Promod screws that came w the neck?
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by SkorpiusX View Post
                Hey Charvel750- could you elaborate on did not fit? Was the neck too wide to fit in the pocket? I have a PC3 neck that is just slightly wider than most Jacksons and I had to shave both sides a hair to fit a different body and all is well. Or was it an angle or bolt hole issue? Thanks--And sorry about the vertical post-don't know why it did that.
                I found it to be exactly like your PC3 neck, it just couldn't get into the pocket and I sure wasn't going to force it in. I just really wanted to see what it'd look like with a rosewood fingerboard.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Does the promod neck use the same wider/thicker screws that the Model series used? Or did u use the original Promod screws that came w the neck?
                  Neither right now I think it has a neck plate and screws from a mim fender.

Comment

Working...
                  X