Advice on BKP bridge pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on BKP bridge pickup

So i want to replace my brigde BKP Miracleman.

-Guitar RR1: alder body, maple neckthrough, ebony fingerboard; neck PU alnicoV Cold Sweat,

On that guitar i play tech Deathmetal,polyrhythmic rhytms , D tuning.

I like in the MM:
    -tight bass but a bit to much,
    -massive low mids,
    -good sound better than EMG,power and clarity.

I don't like,don't fit my style/rig:
    -to much smooth mids-himids section,
    -a bit too compressed,
    -harsh,piercing higs (with the Herbert now is far better this than with the VH4)

Eq for what i hear: bass 7 lowmids 6,5 himids 5 high 7,5

Tim suggested my the Painkiller..of course more mids/himids

I'm searching for a more cutting tone,more aggressive than MM,tight bass,huge but definded on palm mute,more mids and less piercing highs,same brightness than MM,less compression.

My first idea was a C-bomb..but Tim said twice PK..PK.

Warpig Al anc C i think too much output and DC for a high gain amp and not suitable with my cold sweat neck.

Thanks.

Yes.

If you are willing to pay for BKP's, why not take Tim's advise?

Comment

Duncan PATB-2 (Parallel Axis Trembucker Distortion).
      Whatever you go for, if it's high output, you do know you can always lower the gain on your amp, right?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm playing Prog-Death/black with my band in D standard and C# and my CS soloist has a Ceramic Nailbomb in it. I love it.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

The C-Bomb is sonically darker than the painkiller from my understanding but it is perfect for D standard. It just sounds "right" to me. This is in ash body, 3/4" maple top, ebony board, maple neck.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

In the mails written to Tim i asked him about the Cbomb..the same on the BKP forum..and all answerd me the same:
            PainKiller!

@toejam: of course i can lower the gain but gain is not an Herbert problem;
            in ch2+ i play rythm at 2,ch3 for leads at 2 or for rythm at 1 (but i prefer ch2+ for intricate rythm because ch3 has more compression even not so compressed as the VH4)
            I've got factory Ruby EL34 BHT in it, good tubes IMHO perfect for that haed but for the classic El34 sounds i prefer sed "C" EL34.
            Herbert has less mids than VH4 (pot at noon),more bass and less piercing highs..i've tought about putting in it 2 6550 to open more the sound and let the 4 El34 but
            now i don't want to make intricate biasing...for sure VH4 sound a lot better with 4 6550.

Comment

Stay away from CBomb,too creamy and smooth for your taste,i'd go with the PK,Tim knows

You should take a look at the Duncan Invader too,way underatted pickup..It has great cutting through mids and balanced highs.Perfect for bright settings
              Addicted to that Rush..

Comment

Working...
              X