• Show
Clear All

• How much neck relief?

Hi guys!
    Today i've setted up my RR1:

Truss/neck relief: .017 inches at 8° fret,
    Action: bass 1,9mm - high 1,6mm

D tuning 0,11/0,49

I've found that is almost impossible for my guitar to reach Jackson specs ( neck relief of
    0.20 at 8° fret) to do that i must loosen the truss almost at all.

So which neck relief you suggest me for my setup?

Thanks.

Honestly, not being a smart ass in any kind of way. But I just use the numbers as a reference point of what it was if I needed to return it back. I just go with the lowest action possible (.040"-.060") whichever I can use w/out getting an insane amount of fretbuzz. I usually measure the relief at the 12th fret and get ~.010". Then again all my guitars are set up in D# and I only use 9-42's.

So, IMO it should be the lowest action possible, with a lot of fretbuzz.
    Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
    http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Today i've reflected with my tech..so .017 or the Jackson "manual suggestion .020" is really too much relief in the middle of the fretboard between 5° and 12° fret = high action.
      So i've gradually tightened the truss in order to reach a perfect straight neck and then realeased it gradually until .013 at the 8°fret.
      Redone action and...
      ...what a perfect setup!!!

Comment

My guitars are usually somewhere around .005" and ".012" with most falling around .010". This is measured with a straigtedge placed by the D string on the upper side spanning from the first to 17th fret. I measure the largest gap, which is usually around fret 8 or so. .020" is A LOT of relief.

Comment

Working...
        X