Output Jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output Jacks

Has anyone found an output jack that wont bail on you in a couple weeks time. Im getting fucking tired of replacing or re-tensioning them every few weeks. I try to keep my cable in through my strap and I use a 90* plug on the guitar end. I just dont understand what Ive got to do to quit having this happen.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Switchcraft
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

+1

All mine are Switchcraft...I've never had this problem.

Comment

and buy new, dammit
        no one sells a used switchcraft unless they broke it
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Switchcraft 12B Stereo jack, but just solder it up using the prong necessary for passive pickups. That way the extra prong needed for the active setups will help stabilize the chord plug. I do this to every one of my guitars with passive pickups.
          Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
          http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Switchcraft.
            750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
            Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I have 15 year old guitars still with the original jack, punching in and out and no problems
              Got a straight plug going in and not thru the strap, so the weight of the cable also hangs onto the jack

Looks to me like you need to look at your plug, not the output jack
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I've never had this problem.Maybe your cord's plug is too narrow?
                Scott

Comment

Also, go to Ace, Home Depot, etc. and put a dab of thread locker on the nut so you don't have to keep tightening.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                    Also, go to Ace, Home Depot, etc. and put a dab of thread locker on the nut so you don't have to keep tightening.
                    No not the nut, the tip terminal loosens up after about 30- 40 cycles. I like to feel it snap into place when I plug in. I was seeing spec on the switchcraft is like 20,000 cycles minimum according to their site. I might give this a try.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

How do people like the nutrik(sp?) jacks on new Les Paul Standards? They lock the lead into place.

Comment

Originally posted by CKJ View Post
                        Switchcraft 12B Stereo jack, but just solder it up using the prong necessary for passive pickups. That way the extra prong needed for the active setups will help stabilize the chord plug. I do this to every one of my guitars with passive pickups.
                        +1
                        Models
                        The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                        I dont need furniture.
                        If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                        If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                        And rock that sucker.

Comment

Working...
                        X