TB-4 vs. SH-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB-4 vs. SH-11

I signed up to the Seymour Duncan forum ages ago, and my account still isn't allowing me to view threads let alone post any, yet I can sign in to the fucker.

The stock SH-8 has grown on me, and now I want rid of my Dimarzio's. It's some kind of freq-cutoff in the low-mid range. I'm also gonna replace my Boss GT-10 with a GT-6 next month if I have to, in case the 10 is contributing to the problem. I have 3 WR1's. The SH-8 has a much better midrange and umpfh through the same FX patch. I've used a TB-4 in a DK2 and DK2M before, not in any of my WR1's. I've never used an SH-11. What tonal difference should I expect between the TB-4 and SH-11?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

We don't let dickheads like you on the forum

To me, a CC sounds like Judas Priest. Smooth.

The JB has more aggressive note, I think of Loudness, Jake E Lee, Ratt to a T.

I haven't had an Invader for 20 years, but I'd like to get one.
    Last edited by DonP; 06-17-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Fine, thank you aaaaaannnnnd fuck you
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I assume were talking Invader and obviously the JB. The JB to me is brighter but I find the Invader more aggressive in solid body non-archtop guitars. I personally like both. Theyre pretty much tied for my #1, Ill take either in a heart beat over any other P/Us.

**EDIT** Seems were talking Custom Custom, I have no experience with the CC.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Just listening to the samples on the Duncan site, the SH-11 has a very 'bottom light' sound. It almost sounds like it's playing through a cocked wah. Almost a "Boston/Tom Scholtz" kind of tone. SH-5 is a lot more balanced than both.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

the invader is what Kill 'Em All was recorded with.
            the CC is more of a Van Halen sound but i did have a harder time getting pinch harmonics with that pup. i might have needed to bring it up closer to the strings though.
            i swapped it out for a tb-5 (custom) and am much happier.
            if i had an ash body i'd probably go for the CC.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
              the invader is what Kill 'Em All was recorded with.
              Was it? I thought the Invader was just on Master of Puppets.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Invaders was on The Number of the Beast.
                Models
                The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                I dont need furniture.
                If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                And rock that sucker.

Comment

I thought this was a trembucker vs standard spacing kind of question
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

To clear this up - I have 3 WR1's. The BKGF has an SH-8 and SH-10. I am looking to remove the Dimarzio Evo's from the Nebula WR1 and replace with either a TB-4 or SH-11 in the bridge. The neck pup is never used. The Trans Black WR1 will also have it's pups swapped, or I'll just end up trading the guitar for a Soloist. Obviously, all the pups are F-spaced, as the WR1 has a floyd.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

TB-5. Do it!

Comment

Thanks buddy.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

i heard James had it in his V for the 1st 3 albums.
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Ah, maybe. Cool.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                              To clear this up - I have 3 WR1's. The BKGF has an SH-8 and SH-10. I am looking to remove the Dimarzio Evo's from the Nebula WR1 and replace with either a TB-4 or SH-11 in the bridge. The neck pup is never used. The Trans Black WR1 will also have it's pups swapped, or I'll just end up trading the guitar for a Soloist. Obviously, all the pups are F-spaced, as the WR1 has a floyd.
                              Wouldn't it be the TB-4 and TB-11 then?
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X