Fixing a Jackson headstock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing a Jackson headstock

Is this fixable? Can I use just wood glue or dowels too?

Because the break is clean, it def. looks fixable to me, although that guitar is now yours as you aren't getting anything for it with a half HS repair.

I'd take it to a tech, but that's prob. because I'm clumsy and wouldn't glue it straight.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

yep the buyer is pushing for me to give a refund for a new neck. I think if I get if back I'm going to put a DXMG neck on it(I love the profile on those and hate this neck's profile). I think I can do it right.

Comment

definitely fixable
        Red JDR-94
        Maroon PS-3T with shark fin neck
        Duncan Invader pickups
        Jackson>ZW Wah>Vintage phase 90>ZW OD or Boss SD>Maxon SD9>MXR Flange 117>NS2>Bugera 1960>effects loop>boss chorus>MXR 10-band>effects loop return

Comment

fixable, just need a good jig to keep everything pushed together and also level.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
            fixable, just need a good jig to keep everything pushed together and also level.

sully
            Agreed. Getting the right clamps for it is the hard part. I'd put a couple dowels in there too just for good measure!
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
            X