Jackson pick-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson pick-ups

Are these as bad as I've heard ? Specifically the j 80 and j 50.

Re: Jackson pick-ups

I don't know about the J-50, but the J-80 is an awsome pickup. That's what's in all but one of my guitars. It has a good tone and is not extremely hot. Of course this is all just my .02 [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks, my man !

Comment

I've got a J50 & J80 in my Fusion and I like 'em fine [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

They're pretty good. The J50 is a bit weak for my tastes, and I've got a J95 that I ripped the plastic cover off of that can take the arse off a rhino at 50 paces. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] They're all very midrangey. If you want a good singing lead tone, or a Slayer type rythm tone, they're pretty good.

Comment

I had a J-80 in an Washburn A-20 (heavy mahogony body/neckthru) and it sounded ALMOST identical to a Dimarzio Super Distortion..
            The rest are basically Poo Poo.. However, tone is a personal preference thing...

Comment

Yep! They all suck.

So box 'em up and send 'em to Sid and I. We'll take care of 'em for ya! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I use the J50, J80, J80C, J95, & J200 amungst my axes - no (big) issues.

The 'buckers don't sound like Seymour's or DiMarzio's (that alone warrants merit in my book). Very touch-responsive when used to feed a tube-amp. I don't know how they mix with solid-state/modelling amps, cause I've never owned one.

The singles can get a little noisy, but 'jangle' and 'sparkle' nicely in a low-gain, Class-A setup.

But those are my ears. Your mileage may vary. Possible side effects may include nerve-deafness, kidney stones, brain damage, paralysis, and death.

[ December 09, 2002, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: nor ]
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Yea What Ron Said

I use the J90C's and a Early J95 (proto type pickup was Robbin Crosbys) they kick ass
                They Sound like a mix between a Duncan JB and a Dimarzio Paf Pro

they kick ass threw my Marshall

Hey Ron

I still need to come over and see your Little DW.

[ December 09, 2002, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: JacksonShredder ]

Comment

I like `em, too. Underrated, IMHO. I suspect a lot of folks who put them down do so on name only. "They're not Duncans / Dimarzios / EMGs, so they suck". [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

While I love the modern era Duncan equipped Soloists, there's still nothing better sounding than the J-90C with the JE-1000 preamp. I have it in my white Rhoads and my Cop Killer Dinky. A lot of those Jackson pickups sound much better with the active circuits. A J50 in the bridge is weak without the active circuit. But with it it's a sonic flame thrower. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Oh Yea Guys if you have Jackson pickups in you guitar and they are not it before you pull them try a EMG PA2 gain boost they kick ass and are alot easyer to find then the jackson JE1000

[ December 09, 2002, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: JacksonShredder ]

Comment

Which Jackson Active Pickup mostly resembles(sounds) like an EMG 81 [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] ? Jack.

Comment

the J80c come close

Comment

Jackson pickups aren't active
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

I thought the Jackson Covered pickups were active [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Thanks guys for the info [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X