Blocking the tremolo issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking the tremolo issues

If you do a bend on the G string 14th fret and while holding it hit the B string 15th fret, its a bit flat cause the trem gives a bit. Is it just me or does this bother others?

Was thinking of blocking the trem, never really do bar tricks anyways. Just from thinking about it, if you install a trem block device, don't you have to increase the spring pressure from the claw side? I've experienced the bridge pointing at a 45 degree angle phenomenon and this would be pulling away from the installed trem block no?

The Tremol-No addresses the problem related to your first question. Do a quick search and also check for demos on Youtube.

Comment

I've been playing them for so long, I am used to compensating the flattened notes. It's weird to play a dive-only or hardtail and not have to do it.

When you block the tremolo and set it up for dive-only, typically you ALSO add more springs or increase the tension dramatically, so that the tremolo does not move when you bend strings.

Comment

+1 for the tremel-no, if thats what you want.

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        I've been playing them for so long, I am used to compensating the flattened notes. It's weird to play a dive-only or hardtail and not have to do it.

When you block the tremolo and set it up for dive-only, typically you ALSO add more springs or increase the tension dramatically, so that the tremolo does not move when you bend strings.
        +2
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

If you don't really use the bar, then I would just block it. That is the cheapest way, and you could still use the bar to dive bomb and do several"Tricks" with it. Plus if you break a string and it's blocked, you aren't screwed totally.

The ONLY reason why I wish my guitar wasn't blocked at times is to do that Brad Gillis Cricket thing
          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
          X