JT390 Bridge Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT390 Bridge Questions

Hey guys, this is my first post here and I'm excited to be a part of this forum. I've been reading posts here off and on over the last few months and gathering a lot of info about Jackson guitars in general...

Anyways, I tried using the search function to see if I could get some info on the JT390 bridge intonation screws on my Jackson DXMGT bridge, but I couldn't find the exact info I was looking for.

So, for my questions, are there any good bridge intonation screws in black color that anyone can recommend to me for replacement in my bridge? Or if not, should I just go ahead and replace the whole bridge, and if so, what bridges would you guys recommend that fit the dimensions of the JT390? If it helps, I would need the bridge to be black to match the color of my black hardware.

Something else to add. I've stumbled upon Tone Pros bridges on musiciansfriend and I'm thinking that if I decide to replace the whole bridge on my DXMGT I'm going to go with Tone Pros.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...sts?sku=306149

Has anyone on here had success with replacing a JT390 with a Tone Pros bridge such as this one or maybe another one or are there any problems with dimensions, post spacing, saddle widths, etc, that I should be aware of?

Comment

As long as it's the same post spacing, you should be fine. You might want to check the width of the posts, too. I know the older JT390s from the '80s and early '90s were thinner bridges with a retaining wire like some Gibson bridges use, and the posts were also a tiny bit thinner.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
      X