Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT580 LP retrofit question

so i have this Jackson Rhoads RR3 and its got the JT580 LP
    (LP mean low profile i would assume) and i want that out. so i bought an Floyd PRO thinking jacksons smart they would basically make it the same right......WRONG. it looks basically the same.

now i hear that the JT580 LP retrofits an OFR wich makes NO sense to me. youd think itd retrofit to a PRO but watever.

so my question is can anyone confirm or deny this because i really need to change this bridge. id like to buy an OFR and switch it out and send the PRO back.

Thanks in advance.

What was the fitment issue?

Comment

Yes, the OFR will fit.
      The Pro dimensions are different and it won't fit. I can't recall the details offhand, but I know a couple people here have tried it and it wouldn't work.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by pushcarich View Post
        so my question is can anyone confirm or deny this because i really need to change this bridge. id like to buy an OFR and switch it out and send the PRO back.
        If you're referring to the trem route the answer is some times it does and some times it doesn't. Not all JT580LP’s have the same dimensions. The Takeuichi is wider so I got an OFR to fit. On another Jackson guitar it didn’t fit.

Comment

it would hit the side wall. i mean it works fine as a bridge but id like to be able to move it. but thank you

Comment

Originally posted by pushcarich View Post
            it would hit the side wall. i mean it works fine as a bridge but id like to be able to move it. but thank you
            Eventually it will damage the wood. I bought a DK2 that was damaged because of this type of situation with an OFR.

Comment

Working...
            X