mp3 editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3 editing

Some time back, my band recorded some songs in a local studio. I found the CD and ripped the songs into mp3s. Now, I can't find the cd, but am glad I have the songs. But I noticed that the very beginning of one song is missing one chord. Luckily, this part is repeated a few times in the song, so I was thinking I may be able to copy a section from one part of the song to fix the beginning. Anyone know a way to do this?
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Could you convert it back to wav format and edit with Audacity?

Comment

I believe Acoustica Mixcraft will allow you to mix from MP3 format out of the box. I think they have a 30 day trial available on their website. I like it. Nice simple interface and still powerful.

http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post

I could try that....going to try mixcraft first to see how it works. I'll keep you posted.
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

The mixcraft program worked like a charm and was real simple to use. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
            Actually, if you "import" the mp3 through the "file" menu in audacity it will convert as it imports into audacity ; ) Ive made whole albums using Audacity, I highly reccomend it, and its FREE.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
            X